Friday, January 28, 2011

gifts: Scarves

 Fridays are generally my day off; I completely segregate this day to sew and sing, simultaneously. Today, I got to enjoy my craft with a good friend, affectionately known as Bizzie. We didn't sing together... but we talked about it :)

This week i have been commissioned to make two gifts: both scarves. I am really excited, because I think they turned out cute. What is best about gifts, is that while sewing, i get the chance to make something completely unique. You can see that they are completely different. I'm especially fond of the blue one with the puppy on the front. This one has a special story, which I will save for after it is "gifted". I added little "wind" swirls to the entire scarf. it gives it more texture and theme. Sorry, I don't think you can see it in this photo.

The lambskin one to the left, was a bit more difficult to make. A) it was shedding everywhere. I solved this by zigzag stitching around the entire perimeter of the scarf... i did tiny stitch, and it's a big scarf, so i think it took me 20 minutes to go around it!! Maybe I am exaggerating..B) because I didn't know the person I was making this one for..which is crucial in adding details for personal touch.

The appliques were fun to make, i took the flowers from a picture upholstery fabric, and arranged the flowers into the corner (with artistic help from Bizzie), to sort of tag the scarf.  It's a cute scarf and extremely warm.

Alright, that's it for now! God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment