Friday, April 25, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Friend

Your friendship elevates me, encourages me, speaks to me uniquely to be heard and not wasted. You remind me of backbone. I am stood up for, understood, and even put up with at times. I can't stand the idea of someone hurting you. I will stand up for you too.

You anger me. Your words speak to the weak parts of me, that haven't been conformed, haven't been touched. But, you say it, regardless. You anger me, the weak parts of you, the parts of your heart you won't let Him touch and the parts you try to hide too.

You change me.

But you do none of these things. You can't change me, make me something that I'm not, and you can't make me good. But, there is something deeper; a spirit. That part of you, it's changing, and I'm watching. And learning. And you watch me too.

Friend, we are becoming who we are meant to be, with each other's help and reminding.

No comments:

Post a Comment