Friday, April 4, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Writer

The Great Composer, Artist, Creator, Writer...

God is many Good things. He created CREATIVITY. In all forms. He made the expanse of the heavens and the waters and earth. He made each individual with a unique personality and spirit. He made math, physics, all sciences and every way for us to understand the world around us...

He is the great writer of history, and of our stories. And that's what gets me. He knew me before I was made, and knew how I would be, the ways I would go, and who I WILL become. Sometimes I get so overwhelmed at the idea that God has unknown things in store for me. But He knows what they are and He's not failed at His plan. I am a part of His story. It's a complex story with many twists and turns, ups and downs. None are useless or by chance. They all are for good.

So, while I may not be a great writer, I can trust that He is. And since I am a part of His story, I know that everything that happens to me past, present and future will ultimately be used for something amazing.  It's this knowledge that let's me live in peace and joy, knowing that He's got the big picture figured out, and I'm not forgotten or lost in it, but am a useful part of it.

...

OK, that was a bit overwhelming for me, but it's been a few weeks since i have written. ciao!

5 comments:

  1. I think what you wrote was awesome! Good reminder that we are all in God's hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping in and for your encouragement! :D

      Delete
  2. Oh I just loved this! He is the author of our story. I love that I have a heart to write and to tell stories (many made up for my own fun), because I remember how Jesus taught so much to us through stories. Love our creative savior! Stopping by from FMF. Of course it is Saturday, but still it has been a joy. Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so neat to hear other's stories and how it reveals truth! such a cool way we are image bearers of God! thank you for your encouragement, and have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. Oh, such a good reminder that He is the best story-writer ever. Love that. Enjoyed visited from FMF :)

    ReplyDelete