Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Rio de Janeiro

It's been so long since I have written! Going to Brazil was amazing, and I look forward to going back with my church. The people there are beautiful and vibrant. This is my friend Ellen.



I got the wonderful job of taking photos while we were in the favelas or slums. Although they don't have much by our standards, the people are full of life. It has nothing to do with how much money they have, but it is about relationships and experience. No culture is perfect, but Jeremy and I can see ourselves going back and connecting at least short term with Restore Brazil. We would love get training and experience for long term missions there.



It was such a good and growing experience to be around my brothers and sisters in Rio de Janeiro. They taught me a lot about serving and loving fully, with no reserves.


No comments:

Post a Comment