Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Snow Day

Yesterday we had a real snow 'storm' come through, it was beautiful to wake up to, and beautiful to watch all day long. My husband, Jeremy, came home early from work to beat the bad roads. During his day here, we got to play with Evee together, do P90X Yoga, enjoy our lunch and tea together, and get 3 extra episodes of Once Upon a Time in-we are obsessed!




It's so good when we get those respites from the normal daily grind. I got to take a shower-as long as I wanted, and shave my legs*- I got extra time to write my daily verses in my journal. Jeremy got to see his daughter experience snow while it was coming down, and see her miss him when she would go down for naps. Everything sort of stops when you have a snow day because there are no reasons to be anywhere but at home. It's even different from the weekend.

God is so good to give us those restful times. I found this verse that Jesus says to his disciples about His Holy Spirit separating us from everyone else, how we live and know Him.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. (John 14:27, ESV)

I can rest in Jesus, and find joy in all sorts of days, but am thankful for the fun and restful ones too! oh, looks like baby just woke up... bye for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment